[OPLINLIST] Library Director/Fiscal Officer

Carol Cobbs ccobbs at columbiana.lib.oh.us
Thu Jul 22 15:24:50 EDT 2021

Library Director/Fiscal Officer - Columbiana Public Library (OH)
Are you innovative and community minded?  The Columbiana Public Library, located in the city Reader's Digest recognized as "The Nicest Place in America" (2019), is looking for you.  Due to the retirement of our longtime Director/ Fiscal Officer, the Board of Trustees is seeking an exemplary candidate to fill this position.
The Library Director/ Fiscal Officer shall plan, implement, and evaluate the services, funding, staff, and physical plant to meet the needs of the community.  With the direction and guidance of the supportive Board of Trustees, this Library Director/ Fiscal Officer will maintain and continue the development of this forward-thinking library.
The library is located at 332 N. Middle Street, Columbiana, Ohio and serves a growing community of 7,857 residents and the surrounding areas.  The annual budget of $780,000 funds a staff FTE of 13, materials and operating expenses for our well-maintained, modern facility.  Our focus is to provide programs for all ages, materials in various formats, and digital resources for lifelong learning and recreation with excellent customer service by the friendly and dedicated staff.
Columbiana is located 15 miles south of Youngstown and 62 miles west of Pittsburgh.  School-age students will receive an excellent education at any one of our fine area schools.  There are several nearby options for higher education.  Residents and visitors enjoy the unique specialty shops, antique stores and quaint restaurants downtown or the stores, restaurants, and golf course at Firestone Farms.  Firestone Park, donated by Harvey S. Firestone, includes a swimming pool, tennis courts, baseball and football fields, walking paths and pavilions.
The candidate should have a master's degree in library and/or information science from an American Library Association credited program.   A minimum of five years' experience in the library field including supervisory and administrative responsibilities is preferred.  Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.  Retirement benefits are through the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System.
For details and information to apply, visit www.columbiana.lib.oh.us<http://www.columbiana.lib.oh.us>.
Accepting applications through August 6th.