[OPLINTECH] Survey re: Printers and scanning

Karen Perone peroneka@oplin.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:55:02 -0500

Greg Syferd wrote:
> 1) For color printing (staff and public) are you using laser or
> inkjets?

We just bought an HP Color LaserJet 4600 for our library (around $2000)
It's beastly huge but the output is tremendous! It's fast, comes with 96
MB RAM, and can print on plain paper without that waxy look to it.

It uses 4 toner cartridges so if one color runs out you only have to
replace that one cartridge. We installed it in September and still
haven't had the need to replace any of the cartridges yet, although we
will need to soon.

The tray holds a whole ream of paper. We installed it centrally at the
Adult desk and anyone in the library (staff or public) can use it. The
per copy cost is extremely low (around $.03-$.05) so we opted to keep
our $.10 charge for public copies. Needless to say, the patrons love it :-)

--Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library