[OPLINTECH] Opera

Mann, James H. JMann@mailserv.gcpl.lib.oh.us
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:01:23 -0400

Brenda
Bob has a great suggestion with Public Web Browser (see:
http://tln.lib.mi.us/~kknox/career/pwb/)
I've been thinking all day that an older computer, with say nothing but
98/NT, Public Browser and maybe Acrobat, would be a great Hotmail
computer.
You could add some cheap memory, maybe make a ghost of the setup on a
spare hard drive, and then just run them until they died.
We're using Public Browser for our OPACs on 4-year-old Celerons and
haven't had any performance issues.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Neeper [mailto:neeperro@oplin.org]=20
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 3:47 PM
To: Brenda Fisher
Cc: OPLINTECH@oplin.org
Subject: Re: [OPLINTECH] Opera

I have used the free version on my own PC for a few years and like it,
except for the=20
email. I use Pegasus for that.

I suggest downloading it and trying it.
There is configuration to do...if you want or need to.

If you want the PC more secure I'd suggest Public Web Browser which is a
shell for=20
iexplorer.  This is used on our PAC's and coupled with our Novell
Security is very secure.
Configuration is required, but it is rather easy.

Bob Neeper
Community Library
Sunbury Ohio
740-965-3901