[OPLINTECH] Authentication work this week

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:17:49 -0500

OPLINLIST, OPLINTECH, and OPLINUPDATES--

We have been working to streamline the authentication
procedure for remote users of databases, and we plan to
implement the first phase of the improvements this
week.

While the OPLIN staff and advisory committees have
tested the new system as rigorously as we can, we know
there will be glitches, but we must move the changes
into our live website in order to see exactly what the
glitches will be.  We will fix them as quickly as we can
when they arise, and we appreciate your patience.

If you wish to check proactively whether your library's
cards do work with our new authentication system, you
can visit www.oplin.org/access2test.php.

            Regards,
                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager