[OPLINTECH] AOL and mass emailings survey

Greg Syferd gsyferd@cml.lib.oh.us
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:26:37 -0500

Hello once again everyone...seems like I am just a lurker on this list
sometimes, but everyone always comes up with the answers faster then
me!

Anyhow...CML, as I am sure you all do, sends out email notifications
for overdue, reserves, expired cards, etc.  The wonderfull new version
of AOL and it's "content managment" is now blocking our emailings. We
have had to tell users how to add an override to their spam filter to
allow them to see messages from us.  Our theory is that since we batch
our emailings out all at once, that AOL thinks it's spam and although
AOL takes the email, puts into the users junk folder.

Just wondered if any of you out there were having the same kind of
issues with AOL and/or other ISPs.  I think we are pretty limited in our
options in dealing with AOL, but maybe some of you have had some luck or
are processing your mass emailings differently.

Thanks as always!

Greg.

Gregory Syferd
Manager of Systems