[OPLINTECH] AOL and mass emailings survey

Greg Syferd gsyferd@cml.lib.oh.us
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:46:15 -0500

We looked at the headers and also verified that when AOL does a reverse
lookup on us that they receive a good lookup.  You still might be on to
something...

We did contact AOL and here was they response, which tells me they are
looking for certain attributes (although I am not sure I buy this
one...)

...spoke to Bruce @ AOL this evening regarding emails from CML going
into AOL users spam folders.  He said one reason an email may appear as
spam is if it includes links, which ours do.  He said suggested we
format the links as text rather than a hyperlink.  He also said the spam
folder is available for versions 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0.

We will continue to pursue this.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Greg.

Gregory Syferd
Manager of Systems
Columbus Metropolitan Library
phone: (614) 724-0503
email: gsyferd@cml.lib.oh.us

>>> "Mann, James H." <JMann@gcpl.lib.oh.us> 2/5/2004 4:00:15 PM >>>
The sender is library@library.gcpl the subject is Circulation Notice.
Note no caps, like NOTICE which would get blocked.
My problem with AOL is different. When patrons reply they don't know
how
to include the original text, so I have to figure out whom
"cutegurl004@aol" is to renew her items.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library