[OPLINTECH] Library Wireless HotSpot

JKENZIG JKENZIG@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:42:22 -0400

Cuyahoga County Public Library has wireless hotspots currently installed at
3 of our branches.  North Olmsted, Strongsville and Fairview. We will be
expanding it in the coming year or two to all branches.
We do not filter and control access to wireless via Vlans, however I would
suspect if you are getting government funds you would have to filter the
Hotspot also as the users will be on the same communications lines that are
used by your other network equipment. This of course means that you will
need a device at the Network level to do the filtering.

We are using and I highly reccomend Cisco Aeronet devices for wireless
equipment.  We have an information page for patrons on setting up their
connections at:
http://www.cuyahogalibrary.org/news/WiFi.htm  which may prove helpful for
you.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
Network Manager
Cuyahoga County Public Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Dunn [mailto:dunn@findlaylibrary.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:21 AM
To: 'oplintech@oplin.org'
Subject: [OPLINTECH] Library Wireless HotSpot

Dear Oplintech members,
Has anyone started a wireless hotspot yet? If so, how did you deal with the
CIPA ruling?
Also, is there a list of Wireless Hotspots in public libraries?
I'm using this list:
http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/

Any help or comments appreciated.
Regards,
Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administrator and Webmaster
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
dunn@findlaylibrary.org