[OPLINTECH] RE: ALERT: The latest round of viruses (a bit long)

JKENZIG JKENZIG@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:28:57 -0500

Good Morning:
Watch out! Here is another variant on the latest virus with an attachment
that I just got. It came from support at my email provider.  I am forwarding
this with my original message alert from yesterday also to Oplintech:

Hello user  of Concentric.net e-mail  server,

Some of our clients complained about the spam  (negative e-mail content)
outgoing  from your  e-mail  account. Probably,  you  have been infected by
a  proxy-relay trojan server. In order to keep your computer safe,
follow the  instructions.

Pay  attention  on attached  file.

Attached file protected with the password for  security reasons. Password is
84670.

Cheers,
   The Concentric.net team
http://www.concentric.net

Remember ALWAYS BE SUSPICIOUS OF ATTACHEMENTS.  This one has the potential
to trick a lot of people.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
Network Manager