[OPLINTECH] E-Mail Glitches

Joshua Ferraro jferraro@athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:47:15 -0500

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 01:18:32PM -0500, Jeffrey Fisher OH0089 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> You know, speaking of e-mail glitches, I don't recall ever being told that
> one might be timed out while trying to compose an e-mail.  This has
> occurred to me on a couple of occasions so that I have had to resort to
> writing the e-mail elsewhere and then I copy and paste it when I'm ready to
> send it.  While this is probably a good idea in a general sense, it sure
> can be a nuisance.
This is an email client problem, but not a general email issue.  So if your
client is a web client (i.e., you use a web browser to access it) you do
stand a chance of timing out after composing a long email (this is a property
of the http protocol).  However, if you use a locally installed client (like
Thunderbird or Outlook Express) you won't have the timeout problem.

Joshua