[OPLINTECH] Internet Filtering & Networking.

Maria Wilburn Maria Wilburn" <wilburma@oplin.org
Wed, 5 May 2004 12:04:28 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0175_01C43299.1E07CFB0

I'm the technology coordinator for the Carnegie Public Libraries in =
Fayette County. In response to the upcoming filtering legislation we're =
looking into adding filtering to our network. We currently have a NT =
network and a Sonicwall Firewall appliance.  I was wondering what =
filtering solutions other libraries are using successfully. My biggest =
concern is the easy of use for my staff. The one big difficultly we see =
is inconvenience of switching filtering off and on for "Adults" by =
request. =20

Also, our library is looking to upgrade our servers to a Windows 2000/03 =
systems.  I'd like to know if there are any good network companies in =
the Columbus/Dayton area that are familiar with Library networking =
needs, and filtering.

Any Help would be great. Please email me directly.

Maria Wilburn-Technology Coordinator
Carnegie Public Library
740-335-2540
wilburma@oplin.org
------=_NextPart_000_0175_01C43299.1E07CFB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm the technology coordinator for the =
Carnegie=20
Public Libraries in Fayette County. In response to the upcoming =
filtering=20
legislation we're looking into adding filtering to our network. We =
currently=20
have a NT network and a Sonicwall Firewall appliance.&nbsp; I was =
wondering what=20
filtering solutions other libraries are using successfully. My biggest =
concern=20
is the easy of use for my staff. The one big difficultly we see is =
inconvenience=20
of switching filtering off and on for "Adults" by request.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, our library is looking to upgrade our servers to a Windows =
2000/03=20
systems.&nbsp; I'd like to know if there are any good network companies =
in the=20
Columbus/Dayton area that are familiar with Library networking needs, =
and=20
filtering.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any Help would be great. Please email me directly.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Maria Wilburn-Technology Coordinator<BR>Carnegie Public=20
Library<BR>740-335-2540<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:wilburma@oplin.org">wilburma@oplin.org</A></DIV></FONT></D=