[OPLINTECH] Internet Filtering & Networking.

Roger O. Young roger@wcplib.lib.oh.us
Wed, 5 May 2004 12:36:11 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C4329D.8BF41520

We have the Sonicwall appliance at Washington County Public Library, and =
subscribe to their filtering solution as well.  The cost is about $1000 =
per year, I believe and well worth it.  There is a mechanism for turning =
off the filtering for a limited block of time (30 minutes).  It =
automatically returns to filtering at the end of that time, or if signed =
out earlier.  A shortcut on the desktop lets staff easily access the =
page to turn off filtering by typing in a password.  I have had no =
complaints from staff about this.  Sometimes the filtering can be a bit =
aggressive in blocking legitimate sites, but this is easily remedied =
through the whitelist feature.  We have been pretty well satisfied with =
it since we implemented it last July.

Roger O. Young
I T Coordinator
Washington County Public Library