[OPLINTECH] Gates monitors

JKENZIG JKENZIG@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:11:03 -0500

Pick up a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser from your local grocery store and try it
and see if it helps at all.  These things are incredible! We recently saved
a flat panel monitor that had pen scribbled across the screen by using one
of these. Nothing else worked to get it off.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
Cuyahoga County Public Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Perone [mailto:peroneka@oplin.org]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 11:44 AM
To: oplintech@oplin.org
Subject: [OPLINTECH] Gates monitors

To anyone who has Gates computers:

I have noticed recently that the monitors on our Gates computers are
losing their screen coatings for lack of a better term.

We clean the screens using monitor wipes and have not experienced this
problem with any of our other Gateway monitors of the same vintage.

The coating seems to be flaking off and they are not real pleasant
looking at this point.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way that we can restore
their appearance and clarity?

--Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library