[OPLINTECH] Gates monitors - update

Karen Perone peroneka@oplin.org
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:28:45 -0500

Thank you to those who responded to my previous post. Here is an update.

The flaking/scratching is not on the outside of the screen but inside. I
am now looking at this as akin to the old overused Etch-a-Sketch screen.

Several others mentioned that they had the same problem. Ours,
unfortunately, went out of warranty in July and we didn't discover the
problem until recently.

I called Gateway and was told that since they are no longer under
warranty that there was nothing they could do about them. It seems
rather odd that we have MANY other VX720 monitors from Gateway and none
of them are experiencing this problem - just this batch of four that we
purchased with Gates funds.

They do not have an incident report or recall for these monitors. I
requested that they document my concern. I suggest that if others have
this same problem that you call their support number and report it. If
you are lucky enough to still have them under warranty, they will
replace them.
--Karen