[OPLINTECH] Re: Gates monitors

Karen Perone peroneka@oplin.org
Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:35:26 -0500

Chad Neeper wrote:

> I've never seen this problem with monitors (even ancient heavily-used
> ones) before. Most of my libraries don't have techy people on-site.
> What is the best way for a non-tech-saavy person to check for this
> problem on thier monitors? (ex. Make the screen go all-white and look
> for dark flecks?)

It's real obvious when the computer is in use. There are bright shiny
spots and there are spots that look normal. It's almost like something
scraped the protective coating off the glass - but that's impossible
because it's on the inside!

I've never seen anything like this before with any of our Gateway monitors.
--Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library