[OPLINTECH] Project Server 2003

Craig Heaton heatoncr@oplin.org
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:07:21 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C4C665.6E4B6D50

Are there any library systems out there using Project Server 2003 & =
Project Professional 2003?  If so what is the platform your branch is =
using?
At Clermont, we had been running Project Server 2003 on Windows 2000 =
Advanced Server, with MSDE 2000 providing our SQL database and MDAC 2.7 =
loaded (all were running on the same box).  Recently, we upgraded the =
server to Windows Server 2003 so that we could enable Windows Sharepoint =
services and make better use of the enterprise features of Project =
Server.  Unfortunately, following the upgrade (the upgrade was performed =
over the top of the Server 2000 installation), our Project Server and =
the SQL database stopped talking to one another.  (Checks of the =
database show it to be intact and MSDE appears to be functioning.)  =
Attempts to connect to project server either through the web interface =
or the client result in a "5001" error which refers to the database =
being inaccessible.  Have any other library systems encountered such a =
situation?  I suspect it is related to the product being installed under =
MDAC2.7 and Server 2003 using MDAC 2.8.  I've tried the Microsoft =
Knowledge base, but their repair attempts all involve using SQL =
Enterprise Manager (which we do not have since MSDE is providing our SQL =
database).  Any tips or advice will be appreciated. =20

Craig Heaton,   Clermont County Public Library, System Administrator
heatoncr@oplin.org
------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C4C665.6E4B6D50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Are there any library systems out there =
using=20
Project Server 2003 &amp; Project Professional 2003?&nbsp; If so what is =
the=20
platform your branch is using?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At Clermont, we had been running =
Project Server=20
2003 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, with MSDE 2000 providing our SQL =
database=20
and MDAC 2.7 loaded (all were running on the same box).&nbsp; Recently, =
we=20
upgraded the server to Windows Server 2003 so that we could enable =
Windows=20
Sharepoint services and make better use of the enterprise features of =
Project=20
Server.&nbsp; Unfortunately, following the upgrade (the upgrade was =
performed=20
over the top of the Server 2000 installation), our Project Server and =
the SQL=20
database stopped talking to one another.&nbsp; (Checks of the database =
show it=20
to be intact and MSDE appears to be functioning.)&nbsp; Attempts to =
connect to=20
project server either through the web interface or the client result in =
a "5001"=20
error which refers to the database being inaccessible.&nbsp; Have any =
other=20
library systems encountered such a situation?&nbsp; I suspect it is =
related to=20
the product being installed under MDAC2.7 and Server 2003 using MDAC =
2.8.&nbsp;=20
I've tried the Microsoft Knowledge base, but their repair attempts all =
involve=20
using SQL Enterprise Manager (which we do not have since MSDE is =
providing our=20
SQL database).&nbsp; Any tips or advice will be appreciated.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Craig Heaton,&nbsp;&nbsp; Clermont =
County Public=20
Library, System Administrator</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:heatoncr@oplin.org">heatoncr@oplin.org</A></FONT></DIV></B=