[OPLINTECH] USB Key drives

Brenda Fisher fisherbr@oplin.org
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:02:18 -0500

Now that so many driver downloads and things like that are getting too
big to go on a diskette,  have any of you allowed patrons to use the USB
Key type drives on your Public Internet Computers?
     I've let people try and some have had luck and others not so great.
Finally I started to experiment with one of my own on our Gates PCs and
it worked like a charm.  Up until I tried to disconnect the drive. Then
I had to move to a profile with administrator privileges.  I played with
a few settings on the policy editor for that profile but  I never solved
it and there's too much demand for those PCs to let me spend much time
on this.   So has anyone solved it without disastrous side-effects?

Brenda Fisher, Computer Services Librarian
Highland County District Library
937-393-3114