[OPLINTECH] KnowItNow and Java

Karen Perone peroneka@oplin.org
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:33:58 -0400

I was trying out the KnowItNow site this morning and encountered a
problem. I have Java enabled in my browser (Netscape 7.1) to accomodate
my use of sites that require it. However, when I try to access the chat
area, I get a message that I need to disable Java. This may impact other
staff members at my library who are not as adept at changing settings as
I am. I noticed that the pop-up instructions were also aimed at Mac
users as well.

Internet Explorer seems to work fine.

Can anyone explain this cross-browser problem? Will I always have to
rely on IE to use this service? Are any Innovative/Millennium users
encountering this problem?
--
Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library