[OPLINTECH] KnowItNow and Java

RSTROUP RSTROUP@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:39:17 -0400

Karen,

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems with our workstations with the
Millennium client installed.  KnowItNow uses the Microsoft JVM and
Millennium uses the Sun JVM, but not through a browser.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Perone [mailto:peroneka@oplin.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 4:34 PM
To: OPLINTECH
Subject: [OPLINTECH] KnowItNow and Java

I was trying out the KnowItNow site this morning and encountered a
problem. I have Java enabled in my browser (Netscape 7.1) to accomodate
my use of sites that require it. However, when I try to access the chat
area, I get a message that I need to disable Java. This may impact other
staff members at my library who are not as adept at changing settings as
I am. I noticed that the pop-up instructions were also aimed at Mac
users as well.

Internet Explorer seems to work fine.

Can anyone explain this cross-browser problem? Will I always have to
rely on IE to use this service? Are any Innovative/Millennium users
encountering this problem?
--
Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library