[OPLINTECH] memory sticks

Carol Dunn dunn@findlaylibrary.org
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:21:09 -0400

I agree with Jim. Anyone who wants to maliciously tamper with a PC will find
a way. And those memory sticks are so great, I have two of them!  :-)
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Mann, James H. [mailto:JMann@gcpl.lib.oh.us]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:12 PM
To: Barb Marshal; OPLINTECH@oplin.org
Subject: RE: [OPLINTECH] memory sticks

Barb
The memory stick itself isn't the problem. You must ask yourself if there is
anything differnt that you carry on a memory stick that you can't carry on a
floppy because really a memory stick is just a big floppy.
A patron or for that matter a staff member can bring a virus into the
library on a word document, in an email, from a web page, etc. etc.
Instead of trying to limit the type of storage media, insure that you're
running a good anti-virus program that is up to date.
IMHO

Jim