[OPLINTECH] wireless question

Karen Perone peroneka@oplin.org
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:29:22 -0500

We are currently experimenting with wireless access as a short-term way
to upgrade Wyse terminals to PCs for our OPAC stations. The building
will be rewired during remodeling and we would like to avoid the expense
and hassle of pulling ethernet that would most likely be replaced.

We are having one bizarre problem that has us puzzled.

The wireless access point and the wireless laptops work fine. We can
search the WebOPAC and we can surf the Net - all except for the
library's web site or any of the other web sites that we host on that
server. When we hook up an ethernet line to the laptop, we can access
our web site. We use IIS 6.0 and have 6 web sites mapped to one IP number.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there additional information that
I can provide someone willing to help us figure this out?
--
Karen Perone              peroneka@oplin.org
Systems Coordinator