[OPLINTECH] MAC in Wndows environment

Roger O. Young roger@wcplib.lib.oh.us
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:11:20 -0500

Does anyone have any thoughts on using a Macintosh in a Windows 2000 server
environment.  Someone on our public service staff had the idea that a
Macintosh might be something we should install for public use.  Can we
network it in our Windows 2000 environment, and keep it as locked down as
the other public PCs?
Can we go wireless with it on our network?

I am supposed to "review the technical aspects of installing a Mac in terms
of either a stand alone machine, a networked machine, or a wireless
standalone or networked machine..."

Anyone have any thoughts and/or experiences they would like to share on that
front, as well as on whether there is any great need and/or benefit for
doing so?

thanks.

Roger O. Young
I T Coordinator