[OPLINTECH] MAC in Wndows environment

Karen Perone peroneka@oplin.org
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:40:35 -0500

But then, you have the schools. At least in Alliance, Macs reign with
homework assignments. We support the schools with our mission and offer
4 macs in our children's department for educational games and school
assignments. They are used heavily and require basically no maintenance.

They are only connected to a CD server (wired LAN) and do not connect to
the Internet. By not connecting them to the Internet, a child who has an
assignment to do but does not have an Internet access card can still use
the computer to write their paper. The Macs are locked down so that the
programs can't be destroyed.

--Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library