[OPLINTECH] Recommended WMA players

JKENZIG JKENZIG@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:18:34 -0500

I like the iRiver devices (which are ipod like) I have an H140 that I love.
You can also use ipods...just burn the book to a cd and then use itunes to
put it on the ipod.
Don't forget that Cuyahoga County also has Overdrive. There are some good
tutorials on the overdrive page that list what devices work best.
http://ebcd.cuyahogalibrary.org/86244B31-1522-4959-A860-C114D27F45C3/10/94/e
n/Default.htm

Jim Kenzig
Network Manager
Cuyahoga County Public Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Yarman [mailto:yarmando.op
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:39 PM
To: oplintech@oplin.org
Subject: [OPLINTECH] Recommended WMA players

OK, I'm a good library patron, and I'm checking out the new service offered
by local libraries:  digital audiobooks from OverDrive.

I think they must be sick of seeing me at Best Buy, because every day this
week I've brought back a device and bought a new one.  I am the Goldilocks
of digital audio players:  this one's too big, this one's too small, this
one requires idiotic batteries.

Mostly, it comes down to user interface.  I will surely wreck my car if I
try operate some of these while driving.

Does anyone have a WMA-compatible device (i.e., "not iPod") that they
recommend?  Know of any good reviews?

    Your most humble and obedient servant,

                    Don Yarman
                    OPLIN Library Services Manager