[OPLINTECH] Recommended WMA players

Don Yarman yarmando.oplin@gmail.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:46:14 -0500

Thanks, Jims, for your responses.  Any other Jims wish to
weigh in?

JKENZIG <JKENZIG@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us> wrote:
> You can also use ipods...just burn the book to a cd and then use itunes to
> put it on the ipod.

What Karen Schneider on her blog called the "how many steps
do I have to go through and how many laws do I have to break
to listen to a library audiobook on my non-Windows, Palm- or
Apple-based handheld device" problem.

> Don't forget that Cuyahoga County also has Overdrive.

Yes, and it's very convenient for me to check Cuyahoga County's
collection, and CLEVNET's collection, and Youngstown's
collection, and SEO's collection, and MOLDI's collection, and....

(I know Ohio's libraries are fantastic because of our
independence and our diversity, and I know that I'm not your
average library patron, but give me a break).

Again, thanks for the recommendations.  The next trip to
Best Buy, I'm going to try and play with the device long
enough to scope out the file structure.  That seems to be
my big beef with the Creative Nomad Zen devices.

    Your most humble and obedient servant,

                    Don Yarman
                    OPLIN Library Services Manager
                    yarmando@oplin.org