[OPLINTECH] printer suggestions, anyone?

Roger O. Young roger@wcplib.lib.oh.us
Tue, 3 May 2005 09:26:33 -0400

We have been using HP Deskjet color inkjet printers for public use for some
time now, and have had good success with them.  We have had various models
over the years, with the 695, 895 and 970 most often used here.

We are looking to replace some of these printers from time to time, and are
looking for suggestions on replacements.  Of course, for public use they
have to be reliable, rugged, fast, easy to use, networkable would be nice,
but not necessary.  Of course, economical to operate is also a requirement.

We have some color laser printers, but they are not as popular as the inkjet
printers.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Deskjet model, or similar printers from
other manufacturers, which use the inkjet cartridges?  Should we consider a
a particular laser printer instead?

Thanks,

Roger O. Young

I T Coordinator