[OPLINTECH] E-mail Programs

James Guilford James.Guilford at westlakelibrary.org
Tue Nov 29 12:05:25 EST 2005

For most of our staff we offer Web access to their email accounts (we
have our own server). It's the most easily portable way for them to
access their library email in our "musical chairs" work world and from
home (or when on the road). Others use an email client, Mozilla
Thunderbird being our preference. Spam is a ubiquitous problem and there
is no perfect solution of which I am aware: many spammers have figured
most of the angles. And while email servers are pretty good at filtering
it out, and Thunderbird has a decent filter built in, some spam still
gets through and likely always will {sigh}.  If only we could charge
spammers for every use of our email systems!

--J. Guilford

--
James Guilford, I.T. Manager

Reclaim Your Inbox!