[OPLINTECH] E-mail Programs

Chad Neeper cneeper at verizon.net
Tue Nov 29 18:14:14 EST 2005

FWIW, I use Thunderbird (definitely would recommend it) and Symantec
anti-virus Corporate Edition with no problems. I've never had it lock my
mailbox upon virus detection. There is an option in Thunderbird to
"allow anti-virus clients to quarantine individual incoming messages." I
do have this option enabled. I assume it temporarily writes each email
to it's own individual file to allow AV to scan it before adding it to
the mailbox data files.

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer
Level 9 Networks
740-548-8070

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --