[OPLINTECH] Software Firewalls

Jeff Franklin franklje at oplin.org
Thu Aug 3 11:39:22 EDT 2006

As a followup to the prior email, perhaps I should add that we currently
have a very good hardware firewall solution in place on our network with
specific configurations and settings for public, private, DMZ, and internet
zones.  I don't need (but appreciate) information on hardware firewalls.  I
am just trying to find out for library's that have a good hardware firewall
solution in place, if you are running software firewalls also (those that
have responded so far seem to be running the XP firewall).  For those with
Windows 2000 or prior Windows versions on your computers, are you running
firewalls on those PC's also?  And if so, which ones?

Thanks

Jeff Franklin
Norwalk Public Library