[OPLINTECH] EBSCOhost domain change

Don Yarman yarmando at oplin.org
Wed Aug 9 12:05:17 EDT 2006

[I have not copied this message to OPLINLIST and OPLINupdates since
the topic is more technical in nature.  If you think someone else in
your organization should see this but has not subscribed to OPLINTECH,
please forward it to them.]

This spring, EBSCO announced that they would be changing the domain of
their services from epnet.com to ebscohost.com. The transition will be
complete in the next week.

If your library uses the OPLIN database page or OPLIN links to connect
to EBSCO, then you should have no problems -- we changed the
destination of OPLIN's EBSCO links over a month ago.  But if you
maintain your own authentication services or if you link directly to
the epnet.com domain from your website, you will have to change the
host to ebscohost.com or your access will be interrupted.

NEW, USER-FRIENDLY LINKS FOR OPLIN AUTHENTICATION

In the past week, the OPLIN staff have been creating more
user-friendly links to resources, something less cumbersome than the
long links generated by our web content management system.  After a
suitable testing period, I plan to announce what all of these links
are, but it seems like a good idea now to let people know about the
EBSCO ones.

All EBSCOhost resources -- http://www.oplin.org/ebsco
MasterFILE Premier -- http://www.oplin.org/masterfile
Academic Search Premier -- http://www.oplin.org/academic

Consumer Health Complete -- http://www.oplin.org/health
Business Search Premier -- http://www.oplin.org/business

Student Research Center -- http://www.oplin.org/student
Kids Search -- http://www.oplin.org/kids
Searchasaurus -- http://www.oplin.org/searchasaurus

NoveList -- http://www.oplin.org/novelist
NoveList K-8 is the same as NoveList (different color background and
different featured materials).  If you want to link to it, you can use
http://www.oplin.org/novelist-k8

OPTIONAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
Auto Repair Reference Center -- http://www.oplin.org/auto
Literary Reference Center -- http://www.oplin.org/lrc-ebsco

As always, you can contact me or the OPLIN support center to ask
questions or report problems.

      Your most humble and obedient servant,

                                  Don Yarman
                                  yarmando at oplin.org | AIM: yarmando