[OPLINTECH] EBSCOhost domain change

Don Yarman yarmando at oplin.org
Mon Aug 21 16:40:57 EDT 2006

Some libraries have begun to report problems accessing EBSCOhost
resources.  The problems do not seem to be due to OPLIN
authentication, but we have not yet identified the exact cause.

If users within your library cannot get into and search EBSCO (even by
going directly to http://search.ebscohost.com), I'd appreciate it if
you could send me some information:

1.  Are you using an ISA server?  Does it make a difference if caching
is turned on or off?

2.  What are your primary and secondary DNS settings?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and interruption of access.  If this
is a problem OPLIN can solve, I hope we can get on top of it quickly.
But if it's not, I need to provide as much information to EBSCO as I
can to get your access restored.

      Your most humble and obedient servant,

                                  Don Yarman
                                  yarmando at oplin.org | AIM: yarmando