[OPLINTECH] Games in the library - console comment

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Wed Feb 15 14:46:06 EST 2006

OK, I appreciate the comments so far. Let me tell you the direction I'm
going in.

I'm in the process of building a moveable Game Room which will include 4
GameCubes, 1 PS2, 5 20" TVs, Mario Cart, Donkey Konga, DDR and Madden
2006.

I plan to move the whole rig between branches on some sort of schedule
so the librarians can schedule teen (or pre-teen) game times.

If you move beyond standard early learning games there are several
different approaches to doing games in libraries: you can do something
tied to school work like Oregon Trail or Civ, you can do it as a reward,
or you can do it as part of a community center type thing.

I was just curious what other folk may be doing.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
Xenia Ohio 45385