[OPLINTECH] hotmail anomaly

Roger O. Young roger at wcplib.lib.oh.us
Thu Feb 23 10:19:28 EST 2006

I have encountered what I consider an unusual phenomenon that has me
puzzled.  Two different staff members in two different buildings have
complained about not being able to access their hotmail from library
computers.  Of course, I come to their computer and try my hotmail account.
Mine works fine.  They try theirs again, and still no luck.  The browser
tries to find the page for a few minutes and never can make the connection.
I try mine again and connection is immediate.  Clear caches, cookies, and
all the usual steps, and still no success in making their connection.  I try
mine again and immediate success as usual.

They can connect from home, but not from the library.

Any suggestions?

thanks

R. Young
I T Coordinator