[OPLINTECH] FW: IIS log analyzer software

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Tue Jan 24 15:02:02 EST 2006

I agree with Karen (my apologies to Karen as I sent this first to her
instead of the list).
Analog works with a variety of web servers, and works very well. Used with
Report magic
( http://www.reportmagic.org/  ) the reports it generates are quite nice.
There are several different
pieces of software that can be used with Analog (such as a DNS resolution
program that I can't think
of at the moment) to further enhance the reports. Configuration of all of
these programs can seem
daunting to the novice at first but I had no problems (that reading the help
files couldn't fix).
An old report that I ran can be seen at:

http://www.meigs.lib.oh.us:88/analog/reports/reports/mcdpl.html

Analog can be set to read logs for a day, a week, a month, or a whole year
(nice thing about open source
the config is up to you).

Dan Will
Technology Supervisor