[OPLINTECH] switching to Macs - security?

Matthew Augustine Matthew.Augustine at euclidlibrary.org
Mon Jul 31 14:02:51 EDT 2006

Chip,

We have about 15 mini macs as catalog only workstations here at Euclid
Public Library.  The are so small that we have squeezed them inside the
furniture (custom "island" furniture).  I could take a picture of the setup
and post it on our website, if you are interested to see how we did it.

The mini macs that we have are PPC G4 macs.  They are running OS X 10.3.9.
Everything works well, because all that we need is a web browser for our
catalog.  We expriment with many ways to lockdown the finder, but settled on
purchasing wKIOSK http://www.app4mac.com/ as the final solution.  It is a
great program, that really locks the machine down, as tight as anything your
could accomplish with Group Policy on XP.

----
Matthew Augustine
Technology Manager
Euclid Public Library