[OPLINTECH] RDM Reference Desk Manager s/w

Bob Neeper NeeperRo at oplin.org
Thu Jun 15 12:28:11 EDT 2006

If anyone has experience in setting up RDM I could use some help.
http://oregonstate.edu/~reeset/RDM/index.html is the s/w site

The test bed is a VMWare virtual W2K pc on a IBM T30 laptop
Apache 2.2   PHP Version 5.1.0   MySQL - 5.0.15-nt   phpMyAdmin - 2.8.0.4

Initial problem: can't log in to RDM as admin.
Has errors such as Undefined variable: HTTP_SESSION_VARS

Using echo's as a sort of breakpoint it looks as if RDM can 'see' the db.
A cookie is generated. It gets a return when looking for admin user in the
db.

Some variables don't seem to show up in other scripts. Hence the errors.

I suspect something in my setup or our version of apache, PHP, MySQL are not
compatible.
The PHP parameters are set for backward compatibility.

I'm hoping to locate a working site to find s/w versions info and pertinent
files.
httpd.conf php.ini config.inc.php   etc. etc.

Emailed the author (no response yet), googled for RDM info (not much there,
looked for PHP help (decided I'm not sure I want to try and learn PHP).

Thanks for your time.

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901