[OPLINTECH] OPLINTECH Digest, Vol 5, Issue 21

Eric Maynard emaynard at holmeslib.org
Tue Mar 28 13:21:10 EST 2006

All good advice Denise and I'd like to add that here at Holmes Co we are
planning to implement PublicIP ourselves as well as soon as we work out
the details of our desktop time management software.  We're talking mid
to late June most likely.

If you're interested in learning more about it, check out the link that
David posted or jump to the Library specific section of the support
forums here: http://www.publicip.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=28

Scott Tully, the owner/developer is one of the nicest and most
responsive techies you'd ever hope to meet.  In addition to Lakewood
Public, I believe Marysville (sorry forgot the system name) is also
currently using it as well.

Also, if you would like to purchase a turn-key solution instead of
exploring the DIY version, you can check out this site:
http://www.ewcllc.net/catalog

EWC LLC is owned by Florida library-techie, Gary McKinney, (another
great guy) who has been supporting the PiP community for at least a
couple years now.

I urge any libraries out there looking at DIY wireless options to take a
closer look at this.

Hope this helps.

Eric Maynard
Technology Associate,