[OPLINTECH] Office of Information Technology Customer Update - November 24, 2006

Gicale, Greg greg.gicale at ohio.gov
Mon Nov 27 07:15:50 EST 2006

Office of Information Technology Customer Update - November 24, 2006

Scheduled Maintenance:

When: Every Tuesday

Time: 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM

December 5 -

- Continuation of VPN work performed during November 21st's maintenance.
OIT engineers will be upgrading software on inter-agency VPN routers.
Interruption in connectivity will be experienced for any agency-agency
or agency-OIT communications that traverse the Inter-agency VPN.  VPN
redundancy will reduce the outage to 30 minutes or less.

- From 3 AM to 6 AM, December 5, we will be working on BBSOC5 and
BBSOC6.    We will be trying to recreate the network problem that
impacted all customers on Tuesday November 14 about 7:15 AM to better
troubleshoot the problem.     After this we will then upgrade BBSOC6 to
a new version on software.    If we successfully recreate the problem,
there will be an major outage of the network, while we troubleshoot the
problem.   We expect this to be in the 10-15 minutes range, afterwards
we will recover the network.

December 12 -

- From 3 AM to 6 AM, December 12, we will be upgrading software on
BBSOC5 (if the software upgrade on BBSOC6 went well on December 5).

Completed Maintenance:

November 21

- OIT engineers enable fair-queuing and anti-spoofing on each T1 on
BBRHO4.  This will provide better QoS and an additional level of
security.

Customers that were affected:

 LAA-Akron, MH-CuyahogaCtyADAS, MH-RichlandCty, MH-NewPhiladelphia,
MH-Portsmouth, STRS-Westerville, BES-Painesville-JTPA, MH-Medina,
ODOT-Hilltop, MH-FranklinCty, MH-AshlandCty, BES-ColumbusPIC-JTPA,
MH-CuyahogaCty, MH-MontgomeryCtyRec, MH-HamiltonCty, MH-StarkCty,
MH-SummitCty, MH-LucasCtyADAS, AOS-AshtabulaCty, BES-Lebanon1stop,
opl-barberton-0016-003

- OIT engineers upgraded software on inter-agency VPN routers.
Connectivity interruption was experienced for any agency-agency or
agency-OIT communications that traverse the Inter-agency VPN.  VPN
redundancy will reduced the outage less than 30 minutes.

Monthly Firewall Maintenance:

When: Third Tuesday of every Month

Next Scheduled Maintenance: November 21, 2006

Time: 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM.

Auto Attendant added to the Ohio Customer Service & Security Center

The Ohio Customer Service and Security Center (OCSSC) recently installed
tools and processes to allow incoming calls to be monitored for quality
purposes.  During normal business hours customers calling 644-0701 or
1-800-644-0701 will hear a brief automated announcement informing the
caller that their call may be monitored.  Our overall objective is to
increase the quality of service that we are currently providing to our
valued customers.

Customer Suggestions:

Please send your suggestions for improving our network services to:
E-mail: OCSSC at ohio.gov

Ohio Customer Service & Security Center (OCSSC):

Voice: 644-0701 (Columbus Calling Area) or 800-644-0701 (Outside of the
Columbus Calling Area)

E-mail: OCSSC at ohio.gov