[OPLINTECH] Ubuntu in libraries

David Popeck dpopeck at lkwdpl.org
Wed Dec 5 15:28:25 EST 2007

Last year we offered classes re open source and Ubuntu. We have Ubuntu
installed on some staff machines, and we use it extensively for our servers.
We have not offered CDs for checkout, but I have made many copies and left
them in the technology center for patrons to take home. It requires a small
investment and potential users have media at home in case of trouble with
their Ubuntu install or just to troubleshoot their Windows hardware.

--
David Popeck
Lakewood Public Library