[OPLINTECH] DNS Question

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Jun 6 14:59:30 EDT 2007

Tom, _us.i1.yimg.com_ is an alias for a domain managed by Akamai
Technologies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies). Akamai
provides content caching for global content providers such as Yahoo!.

I would guess that once your locally cached DNS entry for us.i1.yimg.com
has been cleared, it will re-resolve to another Akamai cache server
(hopefully a working one!).

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --