[OPLINTECH] Windows SteadyState

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Tue Jun 19 14:24:07 EDT 2007

Hey all,
   Just in case some of you have not seen it (as I hadn't until a few
minutes ago), Microsoft has come out with their latest/greatest security
kit.
The replacement for the Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit.....Windows
SteadyState. Supposedly, it is easier to use, more secure, and more stable.
It can be had here.  I am myself in the process of preparing multiple
computers for our patrons, so before I go any further with them, I'm going
to check it out.
If anyone is interested in my thoughts on it, let me know.
Dan Will
Technology Supervisor
Meigs County District Public Library
willda at oplin.org
740.992.5813
740.992.6140 (fax)

The difference between fiction and reality?
Fiction has to make sense.
Tom Clancy