[OPLINTECH] Patron services

F. Jay Barkey barkeyja at oplin.org
Wed May 23 16:13:05 EDT 2007

We have had a few requests for a document scanner to be available to the
public, and I was wondering if anyone is doing this and what comments you
have about providing this service.  I am particularly concerned since one
patron wants to scan checks for deposit directly into a bank account.

I was also wondering if you allow patrons to download pictures directly from
their digital cameras and if so, what type of picture manipulation software
you provide, if any.

Thanks and have a great day.

Jay

F. Jay Barkey
Asst. Director / Information Technology Librarian
Adams County Public Library
157 High Street
Peebles, OH 45660
(937) 587-2085