[OPLINTECH] MS Software Assurance

Chad Neeper (list) cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Nov 13 13:30:52 EST 2007

I don't know how comparable OOo Base is with Access yet, but I read
somewhere that it is now a primary development focus in the project. The
database component has been in OOo for a long time, but has been more in
the background. I believe they are now working more heavily on the Base
front-end.

FWIW, Base apparently isn't compatible with Access like Writer is with
Word or Calc is with Excel. However, that being said, I just read a OOo
Base news group post that says the data from an Access database can be
accessed from Base in Windows.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --