[OPLINTECH] Open Office

Craig Heaton heatoncr at oplin.org
Thu Nov 15 14:40:21 EST 2007

Hello,
  Our system is investigating migrating to Open Office as an alternative to
upgrading to Microsoft Office 2007 and I've been asked to investigate what
other library systems are doing.
    Is your library presently using Open Office and if so, in what capacity
(staff workstations, public workstations, etc.)?
    Have you had any compatibility issues with the later versions of Office
(in particular Office 2007)?
    What other issues or other problems have you encountered?
    How well received was it by your patrons and staff (assuming they were
already familiar with Microsoft Office)?

Thank you very much for your input and help.
Craig Heaton, System Administrator, Clermont County Public Library
heatoncr at oplin.org
(513) 735-7151