[OPLINTECH] public computers (Hijacked Thread)

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Fri Oct 19 08:34:02 EDT 2007

You might find this useful. Setup the server and then load Putty

( http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html ) on
your desktop and this tutorial works great:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_server_ubuntu7.10

My problem with TC is not the TC itself but trying to add the overheads
like PCReservation, LPTOne, thumb drives, DVD/RW, and the latest Flash
etc.

There are times, being an old grey beard, that I wish we had never moved
away from the concept of TC. Give me 500 dumb terminals and a decent
UNIX server and I could rule the world LOL.

Jim Mann

Technology Coordinator

Greene County Public Library

Xenia Ohio 45385