[OPLINTECH] Fiber Optic Internet Access

Maria Wilburn wilburma at oplin.org
Thu Oct 25 14:22:31 EDT 2007

Our local school system is doing a major building project and was
looking into fiber optics. They've also been in contact with our city
government. AT & T has informed them that fiber optics could be made
available. The city manager has brought up the topic with us in hopes
that the city, schools and possibly the library might be enough to
spread out the financial burden.

Are any Ohio libraries using fiber optics for their internet connections?

How did you do this?

Do you have some kind of co-operative agreement with other entities in
your community?

How does this work out with oplin and database access?

What cost and equipment considerations did you have to implement?

--
Maria Wilburn-Technology Coordinator
Carnegie Public Library

(740) 335-2540 voice