[OPLINTECH] Office 2007 on public workstations?

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Wed Dec 31 13:53:36 EST 2008

Currently we have about 5 machines out of about 18 that have office
2007, office 2003, and openoffice on them. The others have office 2003
and open office. We too are trying to decide when to go with just office
2007 and open office. The weird thing that the machines with both
versions of microsoft office do is if you run an office 2007 app and
close it, then run an office 2003 app, office 2003 with go through a
brief installation window before the app opens, and visa verse which
makes me hesitant on setting up all the computers that way. We also do
not have outlook installed on any of our public computers which makes it
possible to install both versions of microsoft office.

-Ed Liddle