[OPLINTECH] printer-to-computer ratio

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Thu Jan 10 10:57:10 EST 2008

GCPL ranges from 3 to 20 public computers connected to 1 Xerox color
Phaser printer. We use LPTOne print management software so the job is
not released until it is paid for by the patron so the job just stays in
the queue until it is released and than you only print a few pages at a
time. We had a report from the weekend that a patron printed 100 pages
and tied up the printer, and we sometimes get big print jobs in the
local history room, but 1 printer for 20 computers doesn't seem to be a
problem.

Jim Mann

Technology Coordinator

Greene County Public Library

Xenia Ohio 45385

(937)352-4000 x1210

mailto: jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us

Humor is always based on a modicum of truth Have you ever heard a joke
about a father-in-law? -- Dick Clark