[OPLINTECH] FW: Recovering an Exchange 200/2003 Server

Jamie Mason jmason at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Mon Jan 28 09:41:18 EST 2008

Just wanted to put a little FYI out there.....

Any of you using Exchange 2000 or 2003 may want to bookmark this
link/article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313184
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313184>

My Information Stores were corrupt from a bad shutdown due to disk
failure.  When the store is offline and unmountable, you can't restore
from tape because it has nothing to restore to.  So I found this
article, and it worked like a charm.  I have a 2gb store file and it
took about 3 hours for the whole process.

~JLM

Jamie L. Mason, MLIS, Technology Manager
Avon Lake Public Library
jmason at avonlake.lib.oh.us <mailto:jmason at avonlake.lib.oh.us>
www.avonlake.lib.oh.us <http://www.avonlake.lib.oh.us>
440.933.6418    FAX: 440.933.6406