[OPLINTECH] Open Office Software

shivelri@oplin.org shivelri at oplin.org
Mon Jan 28 10:31:35 EST 2008

First let me say that we are all peers and through sharing of our views
and personal experience we are learning important pieces of information
in our field. So please lets keep it non-combative.

Tom, I believe that anyone who uses Open Source or GNU products on there
public access systems would be contributing through the exposure of
these systems to the public. Free advertising, as with any product the
most important factor is consumer awareness and by you having it out in
the open for the public to see and learn you are creating product
awareness. Through this consumer product awareness they will increase
there customer and supporter group. Also, if you notice on some Open
Source and GNU software like Firefox just using the software will
contribute because when you encounter errors it is easy to just click
yes send error report.

--
Richard Shively
IT/Webmaster