[OPLINTECH] MUDs & MUVEs

millerst@oplin.org millerst at oplin.org
Thu Jun 5 15:46:52 EDT 2008

With all the hoopla about SecondLife and virtual worlds (everything from
RuneScape to EverQuest and WoW), teens and adults are rushing headlong
into cyberspace.

Does anyone remember the *OLD* days, back in the 80's, when all you had
were 8 colors on your TV and your keyboard?

In order to stick with our mission statement (promote reading, ensure
learning, enhance discovery), I have been thinking on starting a
text-based adventure game / multi-user dungeon that centers around
libraries and books.  Hoping to get our TAG involved (because I have sooo
much spare time).

Anyone have any thoughts on that?  Are text-based environments passe, or
could they become retro?

Thanks!
Steve
--